Welcome to All Saints Primary (Wokingham) Parent Teacher Association
(Registered Charity No.1042843)
Who we are and what do we do?
A PTA (Parent-Teacher Association) is a group of volunteer parents and teachers who work together to make their school a better environment for children to learn. We aim to raise funds to pay for things that school budgets cannot stretch to and that enrich student experiences. A lot of the events organised are for fun and not specifically to raise money.
Historically (pre-Covid), the PTA has organised the Christmas Fair, Christmas Cards, Summer Fair, Film Nights, Family Discos, Quiz Nights, Trips to Pantomimes, Year 6 SATs Breakfast Club and Leavers' BBQ.
During Covid years many fundraising events were restricted, but the Committee did their best to arrange in-school activities for the pupils to enjoy (e.g. mobile planetarium).
Since November 2022, the new PTA Committee has been aiming to raise extra funds through a wide range of fun and creative initiatives and events. We’d like to bring back some of the fun events the children deserve. (So far, we have arranged the Christmas Fair, Happy You Day, Easter Disco and Summer Family Fun Day).
PTA members - ALL parents/guardians/grandparents of pupils attending the school. Plus, all "friends of the school" and all teachers and ancillary staff. The stronger the membership, the more we can achieve together.
PTA Committee - The group of PTA members who manage the activities of the PTA. Any members are welcome to be involved (as much as their time allows).
PTA Officers - The key leads in the Committee, the roles are elected at the Annual General Meeting. Namely, Chair, Vice Chair, Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer. Any member can be nominated for a role at the AGM.
How to get involved
- You are welcome to attend the AGM held in September.
- You are welcome to attend any PTA Meetings, which should be held at least once per term.
- We are always looking for new Committee members to help organise different events and provide fresh ideas. (The team has regular turnover as parents leave the Committee when their children move on to secondary school).
- Please volunteer at events whenever you have availability (many hands, make light work).
This is also a great opportunity for you to build friendships with other parents who you will know for many years.
- Give us ideas of new fund-raising initiatives and events you’d like to see.
- Please sign up to “Easy fundraising”. You can raise FREE donations for “All Saints CofE Primary School, Wokingham” every time you shop online - just use #easyfundraising!
Over 7,500 brands will donate. It only takes a moment, and it's completely free.
Sign up here: www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- If you, a friend, or family member has a useful skill (face painter, hair braider, etc.) that would useful for future events, please let us know.
- If your employer gives away freebies that would useful for future events, please collect them and donate to the PTA.
- The cost of PTA events are voluntary charity donations – if your circumstances allow, feel free to donate as much as you like.
Where the money goes
The money that is raised is usually spent quickly in ways that will benefit all the children.
The teaching staff will discuss what they think needs to be purchased, the Head teacher appraises those items and will submit a funding request to the PTA. These requests are reviewed at PTA Meetings and decisions are made to pay for extras not covered by the school budget - things that help to make the children's learning experiences more fulfilling and exciting.
How to contact us
If you would like any further information, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all those who have given their time volunteering. Your help is much appreciated!