Maths and English Practise:
Below is a list of useful websites that can be used to support the children with their learning this year, particularly Maths and English.
1) IXL have separate pages of skills linked to the individual Year group. The Y6 page has links to practise both English and Maths skills. Pages are then split into skills of which has a practise question for the children to think about.
2) BBC Education have produced a whole host of materials for KS2. Follow the KS2 link and then select either Maths or English. Each area usually has an information section for reading, plus an activity and then quiz which is marked online. Some aspects require a subscription.
3) A site with both Maths and English based quizzes which are marked as you go along.
4) A site with a range of information and questions – great for revision purposes!
5) A site with links to old-style Key Stage 2 Maths Papers, Maths Tutorials as well as Maths Games. Some of these games are linked to Memory and would therefore help pupils to retain key information.
6) These are “old style” Key Stage 2 test papers but are still useful for practice, and in particular, creating discussion around questions and strategies to answer. View on-screen or print off for free.
7) This site has loads of Maths games which help to practise a range of skills.
8) Loads of Maths games on a range of Mathematical concepts.
9) A range of English games and activities.
10) Activities to reinforce and practise a range of spelling rules.
11) A range of activities and games to practise a range of spelling rules and patterns.