At All Saints CE School, we provide a curriculum which:
- has been designed by Senior Leaders, Subject leaders and Teachers to provide learners with opportunities, supported by enrichment experiences, which enable pupils to be prepared educationally, morally, socially and physically both now and in the future.
- is broad and balanced, fulfilling all of the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum and school selected content.
- is ever-evolving in order to allow local, national and global contexts to provide topical learning opportunities; to keep up to date with new technologies; and to ensure that current educational research and best practice is used to provide the best teaching which will ensure that high standards are met by staff, pupils and the wider school community.
- is underpinned by our school Christian values of Compassion, Curiosity, Community and Courage.
- provides opportunities for content knowledge to be applied through revisiting and retrieving previously taught information using regular retrieval practice and the revisiting of key concepts.
- has been planned across the school to ensure that there is a clear sequence and a progression of skills and concepts from Early Years through to Year 6. This results in Year 6 pupils who are confident to move onto their next stage of education with a thorough understanding of each subject discipline and the skills needed to succeed, and a sound grasp of the links and connections between them.
Alongside and throughout the curriculum, our school's Personal Development provision builds pupils' cultural capital, establishing the essential knowledge and experiences that pupils need to become outward looking and empowered global citizens.
If you wish to receive any further information on the curriculum, please feel free to contact the school office or make an appointment to speak to your child's teacher.