Tips to support you and your child with attendance:
- Set a regular bedtime and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack bags the night before.
- Don’t let your child stay home unless they are truly unwell. School has a duty of care to your child and if we believe they are unwell we will send them home. Keep in mind complaints of a stomach ache or headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home.
- If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, the family support worker or other parents for advice on how to make your child feel comfortable and excited about their learning.
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbour, another parent. Alternatively call us at school if we can support we will.
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.